• Successful defense of numerous medical malpractice lawsuits on behalf of physicians and hospitals in East Tennessee.
  • $11,000,000 personal injury settlement against a commercial trucking company
  • Successful defense of a personal injury claim for horrific burns and injuries sustained in a house fire, where the claimant had sued the landlord for $30 million
  • $1.25 million personal injury settlement for Inmates against correctional authority
  • $1.2 million settlement for personal injury in motor vehicle accident without any discovery
  • Obtained favorable result (2% fault) for driver who struck pedestrian in wrongful death case.  The remaining (98%) fault was assigned to pedestrian’s employer in the jury award of more than $7 million, trial court later ordered a new trial.  Appeal resulted in dismissal of case against pedestiran’s employer. Case is awaiting re-trial only against driver.
  • $3.1 million personal injury recovery for a worker whose foot was crushed by an overhead motor which fell at a work site.
  • $500,000 settlement against a trucking company whose driver crashed into client’s vehicle.
  • Judgment of $100,000, along with lifetime medical benefits (including prosthetic devices), in favor of client whose hand was traumatically amputated in a chipping machine.  (Judgment affirmed on appeal.)
  • $100,000 workers’ compensation settlement (including lifetime medical benefits) on behalf of injured employee.
  • $340,000+ wrongful death judgment against State of Tennessee due to the negligence of State employees working on the Interstate.  (Judgment affirmed on appeal.)

HSD News