William C. Bovender, Partner
- Corporate Transactions
- Labor & Employment
William Bovender is a partner in the firm’s corporate and litigation practice areas. He has more than 30 years of commercial, employment, and products liability litigation experience representing both private and public sector clients.
His accomplishments also include:
- Multimillion-dollar verdict in favor of a safety company against a software vendor.
- Multimillion-dollar settlement for seven electric utilities against a communications conglomerate.
- Lead counsel for Tri-Cities Airport Authority at Tri-Cities Airport.
- Designated local counsel in numerous class action cases.
- Representation of a national energy producer and distributors before the Tennessee Public Utility Commission.
Mr. Bovender is active in alumni affairs for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. A native of Hickory, North Carolina, he currently resides in Kingsport.
AWARDS, RECOGNITION, ACCOMPLISHMENTS
AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
Tennessee Bar Foundation, fellow
Tennessee Supreme Court, board of professional responsibility
Kingsport Area Chamber of Commerce, former president
Kingsport Chamber Foundation, former board member
Johnson City Chamber of Commerce, former board member
Paramount Theatre Board in Bristol, former chair
Defense Research Institute (DRI), member
J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1975
B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1972
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 1975
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1975
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2012
Tennessee Supreme Court, 1975
Supreme Court of the United States, 1991